Recipe by Sarah_Jayne
Another recipe found in my quest to collect low fat recipes. This was first published in the July 2007 issue of BBC Good Food Magazine.
- 12 ounces bow tie pasta
- 10 ounces broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized chunks
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons coarse grain mustard
- 1 large orange, juice of
- 1 ounce sliced almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the pasta according to the pack instructions.
- Three minutes before the pasta is cooked, add the broccoli and continue to boil.
- While the pasta is cooking, gently heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok.
- Tip in the chicken and fry, stirring now and then, until the chicken pieces are cooked and golden, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic for the last 2 minutes of the chicken's frying time.
- Mix the mustard with the orange juice in a small bowl.
- Pour the mixture over the chicken and gently simmer for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Drain the pasta and broccoli, reserving 2 tablespoons of the pasta water.
- Toss the pasta and broccoli with the chicken.
- Stir in the pasta water and the almonds.
- Season and serve.