Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Another recipe found in my quest to collect low fat recipes. This was first published in the July 2007 issue of BBC Good Food Magazine.
- 12 ounces bow tie pasta
- 10 ounces broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized chunks
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons coarse grain mustard
- 1 large orange, juice of
- 1 ounce sliced almonds
- Cook the pasta according to the pack instructions.
- Three minutes before the pasta is cooked, add the broccoli and continue to boil.
- While the pasta is cooking, gently heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok.
- Tip in the chicken and fry, stirring now and then, until the chicken pieces are cooked and golden, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic for the last 2 minutes of the chicken's frying time.
- Mix the mustard with the orange juice in a small bowl.
- Pour the mixture over the chicken and gently simmer for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Drain the pasta and broccoli, reserving 2 tablespoons of the pasta water.
- Toss the pasta and broccoli with the chicken.
- Stir in the pasta water and the almonds.
- Season and serve.