Recipe by Julie Leo
This is not for every kid, but most adults. You can add more or less cayenne pepper as to your taste.
Top Review by Outta Here
These are very good, and I like that they are baked and not fried. The seasoning is tasty. I like the cheese in the coating. I would probably not make the sauce again, though. Not a big horseradish fan. I was worried that the baking time might be too short, but they turned out cooked just right, and still juicy. Made for Fall 2009 My 3 Chefs game.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups fine breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup romano cheese, grated
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 cup melted unsalted butter or 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 -3 tablespoons white prepared horseradish, to taste
- salt, to taste
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line 2 baking sheets with foil.
- Cut the chicken into 1-inch cubes.
- Combine salt, pepper, breadcrumbs, cheese, and thyme in a plastic bag.
- Shake well.
- Dip chicken in melted butter or vegetable oil.
- Then roll in crumb mixture.
- Place chicken on foil-covered baking sheets and bake in 400 degree F oven for 10 minutes.
- Cool and serve or refrigerate.
- HORSERADISH DIP.
- In a small serving bowl, mix sour cream, horseradish, pepper, and salt.