- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 lbs chicken legs
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350. In a large frying pan, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add chicken and cook, turning, until brown, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a 13 by 9 inch baking dish. Add celery and onions to the pan drippings and sauté until tender, but not brown.
- Stir in tomato juice, vinegar, salt, pepper and hot sauce. Heat to boiling; pour over chicken.
- Bake chicken uncovered, basting occasionally, 45 minutes, until tender.
- Skim excess fat from sauce and pour over chicken.