Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I have had this recipe for years and it is a Family Favorite. Easy, quick and healthy! DELICIOUS! Exchange Values: 1-1/2 bread, 2 meat, 1 fat, 1 vegetable WW Sauce 6 points
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups zucchini, thinly sliced unpeeled
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced (do not use canned)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste) or 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 8 ounces whole wheat spaghetti, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated (or to taste)
- Heat oil in a large skillet, Saute chicken pieces until lightly browned.
- Add garlic, zucchini and mushrooms and saute for 2 or 3 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except the pasta and Parmesan Cheese. Simmer until the favors are well blended and the sauce thickens.
- Cook pasta according to the directions and drain.
- Serve sauce over pasta and sprinkle with the Parmesan Cheese.
We enjoyed the flavors of this dish. i guess i dont know how to read so i added cayenne and red pepper flakes...lol. but it was still very good! hubby loved the spiceyness of it. thanks for sharing!:) -punky
Very good dish! Flavorful, healthy, and a family favorite as well. What more can you ask for.:)