Recipe by Melvin'sWifey
I needed to get rid of some broccoli one day and whipped this up with some other ingredients already in my cupboard. This is so yummy and can be altered to suit your own tastes! As far as the fresh herbs, I use cilantro, parsley, basil or rosemary but it changes each time! Start with parsley and change it up for different tastes!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 8 ounces shell pasta (cooked according to package directions and cooled)
- 1 head broccoli (washed, cut and steamed, left slightly crunchy)
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, chopped (any fresh herb of your choice)
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons prepared pesto sauce
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup Italian dressing
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, and any additional spices of your choice.
- Line baking sheet with foil and bake chicken for 35 minutes or until done.
- Let rest 10 minutes or longer, then shred into large salad bowl.
- Add to the bowl; cooked and cooled pasta, cooked and cooled broccoli, red onion, fresh herbs, salt and pepper, and toasted nuts.
- In small bowl, for the dressing, mix pesto, vinegar, sour cream, and italian dressing.
- Pour dressing over salad and mix well.
- Refridgerate and serve cold.