Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 2 teaspoons lemons, zest of, grated
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast half
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon parsley, minced
- Rub equal amounts of lemon zest into each side of chicken breast.
- Sprinkle with pepper, pressing with hands to adhere.
- Melt butter in a heavy nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Sauté chicken 4-5 minutes per side or until golden and chicken is opaque throughout.
- Transfer to a platter and keep warm.
- Add lemon juice, Worcestershire and mustard to skillet, stirring with a wooden spoon to deglaze.
- Serve sauce over chicken breasts and sprinkle with parsley.
This had lots of flavour, but I think the lemon and mustard was just a bit sharp for the chicken. Next time I make it I will add 1/4 cup of cream to cut that sharpness.
We really liked this. My hubby isn't a big fan of chicken. But he said "You have to make this again!"I made it just as the recipe was, except I used honey dijon 'cuz that is what I had. Thanks.