Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Lightly browned chicken breasts over rice with a zesty tomato/pepper sauce.
Make and share this Zesty Chicken Breasts recipe from Food.com.
- Put about six cups of water and a small amount of oil in a sauce pan and bring to boil. Add rice and boil for 12 to 15 minutes. Put a pat of butter in a serving bowl. Using a strainer, drain water from rice, add to bowl and toss to lightly coat rice with butter. Cover and hold until serving.
- Using meat pounder flatten chicken breasts to about ½ inch thick. Coat lightly with corn meal/flour mix and fry to slight brown, about 3 minutes each side. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Leave remaining oil in skillet, heat still on medium. Add garlic and brown for about one minute. Add peppers and onions, stirring occasionally until softened, about 5 minutes. Add tomatoes and stir to mix well. Add chicken and simmer for about ten minutes.
- If water is put on when you start it should be boiling by the time chicken is brown. You can then add rice about the time peppers and onions go into skillet and all will be ready about same time.
- Serve by placing a chicken breast on a bed of rice and adding a liberal serving of the zesty sauce.
- Makes four servings. For a heartier sauce more oil can be used. For more zest add another bell pepper and/or a little hot pepper like jalapeño.
My dh made this for dinner last night. I thought it was wonderful. Thanks for a recipe easy enough for my dh to prepare. Lisa
Very tasty but doesn't need all the fat content. The rice is quite good without the butter as the sauce mixes with it really well.Added some jalepno pepper to give it a bite and also added yellow and green peppers for a better colour presentation and added flavor. Will make again with less fat content.
This had mixed reviews. My husband who usually likes everything didn't care too much for it... BUT, myself, who is really picky and does not like onions, and bell peppers, thought it was good. I am sorry that it didn't work out with hubby. I had really high hopes for this. So I guess I will make just have to make it for myself when he wants Salmon for dinner.