Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Really really easy. My family has me make it whenever I'm home.
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1⁄2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1⁄2 cup of zesty Italian dressing
- 1 (8 ounce) box rice pilaf mix (or however much rice you want)
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- 1⁄2 cup vegetables (I use broccoli and carrots, you can use whatever you like)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- In a bowl mix teriyaki sauce and dressing, and then add the chicken.
- Let marinate for at least 20 minutes.
- Cook rice according to the directions on the box.
- In a large skillet toast the almonds in the butter; set aside in a small bowl for later.
- Heat oil on medium heat in the skillet.
- Remove chicken from the sauce (save the rest of the sauce) cook the chicken so it starts to caramelize on all sides.
- Add the rest of the sauce, chicken stock and the vegetables.
- Let the sauce come to a boil then turn the heat down low and let simmer until chicken is cooked through.
- Mix with the rice and serve with almonds on top.