Recipe by sassafrasnanc
Using ricotta cheese and a buttery garlic sauce with chicken, fresh tomatoes and fresh cilantro makes this a unique and very tasty pizza option! The recipe calls for the refrigerated can of pizza dough but you can use any premade or even make your own. Delizioso!!
Top Review by FLKeysJen
The garlic-herb-scallion spread is fantastic and makes the pizza! The tomatoes keep it nice and juicy without using much cheese. I used fat free ricotta and you couldn't even tell because of the strong garlic-herb flavor. This turned out to be a fairly healthy pizza (using olive oil instead of butter, and with a grain crust) and tasty too - thanks for the recipe!
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can pizza dough, from refrigerated section
- 2 roma tomatoes, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook chicken in small saute pan, using enough water to cover and cook until no longer pink inside, approximately 20 minutes. Drain and cool slightly, then cut into strips.
- In a separate skillet over medium heat, melt the butter with garlic, onion and basil. Pour into a chilled dish to cool, and refrigerate to set.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll out the pizza dough, place onto a pizza pan/stone or other appropriate baking sheet and spread the herb-butter mix over the surface using the back of a spoon.
- Arrange chicken on top, then dot with ricotta cheese.
- Top with tomato slices, cilantro, then parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes in the preheated oven, until crust is browned and center is thoroughly cooked.