Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I adapted this recipe from a jar of tropical chutney I bought at a cooking expo. It has a little kick to it and DH just loved it. Of course, he loves a little 'heat' with his food.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 onion, sliced (optional)
- 1 (9 ounce) jar chutney (I use tropical fruit)
- Combine salt, pepper and garlic powder in a bowl.
- Rub mixture into chicken.
- Add 1/2 onion and continue rubbing mixture into chicken.
- Allow chicken to rest for 10 minutes.
- In large skillet, cook chicken and onions in olive oil, approximately 15 minutes or until chicken is done, turning once.
- Remove chicken and pour chutney over chicken.
Delicious! Simple and extremely tangy and tasty! I used my own home-made chutney for the sauce and I made it for two, and not four people. Made for PAC Autumn 2007 - thnaks Ducky! FT:-)