Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This simple ravioli dish gets a nutrition boost with the addition of fresh spinach. Add some hot crusty bread and you've got a meal!
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 (9 ounce) package cheese ravioli, fresh
- 6 ounces fresh spinach
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated
- Mince the garlic. Finely chop the spinach.
- Combine the water, tomatoes and their juice, and garlic in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil. Add the ravioli, cover, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes. Uncover and cook 5 more minutes or until done.
- Stir in the spinach, sugar, salt, and pepper. Cover and cook 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes. Sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Serve sprinkled with additional Parmesan and pepper, if desired.
Good! Simple and easy for a fast fix meal. Would increase the garlic and add more aromatics like some onion.
This was very good. Easy to make and the DS's loved it...especially with the spinach...which I definitely couldn't complain about. Made for Photo Tag.