Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Another Pillsbury Bake-off Recipe from 1982
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 cans pillsbury golden layers flakey biscuits
- 1⁄2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- Heat oven to 350º. Grease 9x5 or 8x4 loaf pan.
- In 1 qt saucepan melt butter. Cook and stir onions in butter, stir in chili powder. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Separate dough into 20 biscuits. Dip both sides of biscuits into onion butter and place in pan forming 4 rows of 5 biscuits each. Spoon 1 tsp cheese in between each pair of biscuits. Spread any remaining butter or cheese over biscuits.
- Bake 35-40 min or deep golden brown. Serve warm.
Yummmmm! I used 1 whole bunch of green onions and a 4-cheese Mexican blend (which included Monterey Jack). Next time I might add a little garlic powder with the chili powder but the flavor was excellent as written. I wasn't really able to get the biscuits into 4 rows of 5 so just layered them in the loaf pan with cheese in-between, which seemed to work just fine. Thanks for sharing!