Recipe by marinecopper
I was paying the big bucks for this snack from BistroMD, and they are delicious and popular, but I knew they couldn't be that hard to make. They are great for a low fat, crunchy potato chip substitute. I am sure that you can substitute any Chex flavor for the oat cereal.
Top Review by Debbwl
A snack that earned 4 1/2 stars in our house, these zesty little bites are perfect for when you are craving something savory and crunchy and have had so many veggies you feel like you have grown roots. I made as written and love how low fat these are. Given we always have Cheerios in the house and my fondness of chili powder and cumin you can bet your bottom dollar these will be made again. Thanks for the post.
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper (or pepper sauce)
- 3 cups Cheerios toasted oat cereal (Reg. or Multi-grain)
- nonstick cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 325°F.
- Whisk egg white until foamy. Mix in spices. Stir in Cheerios or Chex. Coat a large cookie sheet with vegetable spray, and spread mixture on it. Spray the cereal with a light coating of more vegetable spray. Place in oven and stir every 5 minutes, for a total of 15-20 minutes. Cool completely enjoy.