Recipe by Dreamgoddess
Wonderful bread to serve with chili or thick hearty stews. This recipe comes from a Betty Crocker cookbooklet.
Top Review by Ducky
I needed to use up some chipotle chiles and found this recipe. This bread packs a punch if you get a piece of chile. DH loved it though (had 3 pieces!). The chile measurement ended up being 2 chiles for me. I used a colby-jack combination for the cheese and did grease the pan well.
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chipotle chiles in adobo
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray the bottom of a 9" loaf pan with cooking spray (I use Pam).
- Combine the buttermilk, butter, sugar, chilies and eggs in a large bowl.
- Mix well.
- Add in remaining ingredients.
- Stir just until moistened.
- Spread in the loaf pan.
- Bake 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool 15 minutes on a wire rack before removing from the pan.