Recipe by JackieOhNo!
Brushed with a tangy glaze that starts with bottled barbecue sauce, this succulent steak is full of flavor and is quick to put together.
Top Review by diner524
Really a unique recipe which we enjoyed!!! I too, made this using flank steak as my store didn't have skirt steak. For the seasoning I used Emeril's Essence and followed the recipe as written. Served it with baked potato, recipe#502798 and garlic bread for a delicious meal!!! Thanks so much for sharing the recipe. Made for ZWT 9.
- 1⁄4 cup bottled barbecue sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 lbs skirt steaks, halved crosswise
- 1 teaspoon dry cajun seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- lime wedge (optional)
- parsley sprig (optional)
- additional barbecue sauce (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare grill for direct-heat cooking or position broiler so that top of steak on rack in pan will be 4 inches from heat source; heat broiler. Combine barbecue sauce, lime zest and 1 t. lime juice; reserve. Rub both sides of steak with seasoning and salt.
- Grill or broil steak, turning once, 3-5 minutes per side for medium-rare; sprinkle with remaining 1 t. lime juice and brush with reserved sauce mixture during last minute of cooking. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing. If desired, garnish with lime and parsley and serve with additional barbecue sauce.