Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 (16 ounce) cans butter beans, drained
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- In saucepan cook green pepper and onion in butter until tender.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Simmer a few minutes to blend flavors.
- Stir occasionally.
This was a very nice way to serve those yummy butterbeans !!! We enjoyed the sauce and thought the flavor was just right . I cooked a little bacon with the onion and green pepper , and that was the only adjustment I made to this recipe . Very Good !
This has a nice flavor but was a bit too saucy for my taste - I would cut the soup back to 1/2 tin with no water. Next time I may try a drop or two of hot sauce in it. I liked the recipe and will try it again. Another problem I had (not the fault of the recipe) the lima beans were huge, I like them smaller Thanks for a good Butter bean recipe Quiltn99
I added in a little bacon to the onions and omitted the peppers (DH won't eat them). I only used half of the tomato soup as one child doesn't like tomatoes. This resulted in a nice flavorful dish that we enjoyed. Thanks for sharing the recipe.