Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 lb beef, Ground
- 1⁄3 cup breadcrumbs, Dry
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon instant beef bouillon
- 1 teaspoon lemon, rind of, Grated
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger, Ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 drops hot pepper sauce (optional)
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Shape mixture into 4 patties, each about 3/4-inch thick.
- Broil or grill patties 4-inches from the heat, turning once, to the desired doneness, about 10 to 15 minutes.
My husband and I liked this burger but the childern did not. They did not like the lemon. So if you try this for your kids you may want to leave out the lemon.
Made these for dinner tonight. I made the meat mixture in the afternoon and let it sit in the fridge till dinner. I put a tiny bit less of lemon juice. I really liked the flavor of the burger and it was very moist. But my DD said she would not of put the lemon. Even though it was a light lemon taste she would prefer it not being there. She munched up her whole burger though. I cooked mine up on the BBQ, I so prefer burgers on there versus the oven. Thanks for posting this recipe, I enjoyed it. Made for the Comfort Cafe '09