Recipe by sweetp
Someone gave me some recipe cards for a gift and this was one of them. The recipe for this seasoning mix makes about 6 tablespoons, so there's plenty of mix leftover for the next time you make this chicken. Or use the extra seasoning mix to coat other foods - potatoes or vegetables - or meats such as pork chops or steaks. Store the extra seasoning mix in a airtight container.
- 3 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 chicken (about 3 pounds)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler.
- Line broiler pan with foil and lightly coat with nonstick cooking spray.
- For seasoning mix, combine the garlic powder, basil, oregano, paprika, salt and pepper in small jar with lid; cover.
- Shake well to mix.
- Mix 1 tablespoon seasoning mix, the lemon juice and olive oil in small bowl until well blended; set aside.
- Remove skin from chicken and discard.
- Cut the chicken into serving size pieces.
- Brush the chicken pieces with reserved olive oil mixture; place chicken on prepared broiler pan.
- Broil the chicken, turning twice, until juices run clear when meat is pierced with a knife, about 35 minutes.