Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is so simple and gives a little zing to your chicken! Plus the recipe makes enough seasoning to use several times, I store the extra herbs and spices and use them later on potatoes, veggies, or pork chops.
- 3 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Preheat broiler. Line broiler pan with foil and lightly coat with nonstick cooking spray.
- For seasoning mix, combine the garlic powder, basil, oregano, paprika, salt and pepper in small jar with lid; cover. Shake well to mix.
- Mix 1 tablespoon seasoning mix, the lemon juice, and olive oil to small bowl until well blended;set aside.
- Brush the chicken pieces with reserved olive oil mixture; place chicken on prepared broiler pan.
- Broil the chicken, turning twice, until juices run clear when meat is pierced with a knife, about 20-25 minutes.
Very delicious! I also had to use a little more olive oil so the pieces were properly coated. I made extra for lunch the next day. Thanks!
Very tasty! I am not a fan of garlic powder so I minced fresh garlic into the oil and then measured. Should probably cut the spices to 3/4 of a T without the garlic powder in there. I used a bit more olive oil too. The whole family approved of the chicken and I am looking forward to the leftovers on a salad today! Thanks so much for sharing!
This was so easy and full of flavour, I set the chicken aside for an hour whilst I did other things. I will definitely store the extra seasonings to use on other meats, can't wait to try it on pork chops, thank you for this recipe!