Recipe by Mrs. Doeinck
This is so simple and gives a little zing to your chicken! Plus the recipe makes enough seasoning to use several times, I store the extra herbs and spices and use them later on potatoes, veggies, or pork chops.
- 3 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler. Line broiler pan with foil and lightly coat with nonstick cooking spray.
- For seasoning mix, combine the garlic powder, basil, oregano, paprika, salt and pepper in small jar with lid; cover. Shake well to mix.
- Mix 1 tablespoon seasoning mix, the lemon juice, and olive oil to small bowl until well blended;set aside.
- Brush the chicken pieces with reserved olive oil mixture; place chicken on prepared broiler pan.
- Broil the chicken, turning twice, until juices run clear when meat is pierced with a knife, about 20-25 minutes.