Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A twist on your regular soup with great flavor and low in calories! It is full of vegetables and very filling. Enjoy! If you want a little more Zest to it, add the whole can of Rotel tomatoes and green chiles rather than just half the can. *When I make it I use 98% fat free cream of mushroom soup, reduced calorie margarine, and the 2% milk Veveeta cheese and I only use about 2/3 lb of the cheese to cut back on some calories
- 5 cups water
- 10 ounces frozen broccoli
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked white rice
- 3 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 3⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 3⁄4 cup sliced carrot
- 2 (10 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 lb half a package Velveeta cheese
- 0.5 (5 ounce) canof rotel tomatoes and green chilies
- Combine 5 cups water, butter, rice, and vegetables in pot, cook for about 25 minutes on medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add soup, velveta, and rotel, stir until cheese is melted.