Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This would be great with grilled chicken, beef or pork! Modified from dallasnews.com, published November 28, 2010 ---- Recipe by Chef and farmer Eva Greer, co-owner of Greer Farms in East Texas.
- 1 lb fresh blueberries (or more to taste)
- 1⁄2 fresh pineapple (cut into small dice)
- 2 small limes (juice of)
- 1 -2 small fresh jalapeno chilie (finely diced and seeded, depending on desired heat level)
- 1 small red onion (finely diced)
- 1⁄2 cup of fresh mint (chopped)
- 1 medium red bell pepper (finely diced)
- 1 medium orange bell pepper (finely diced)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (freshly ground)
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup apricot-pineapple jam (or apricot jam thinned with 1 tablespoon pineapple juice)
- Mix all the ingredients and adjust for seasoning.
- Best made 2 to 24 hours in advance and refrigerated to meld flavors.
- Serve with barbecued beef, pork or chicken.
- Makes 8 servings.