Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Found this recipe in Sheila Lukin's American Baking Book. They are so easy to put together and taste great. Can also be made with any other type of berries or fruit in general.
- 125 g soft butter
- 250 g sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons extra sugar
- 2 eggs
- 125 ml milk
- 220 g flour
- 40 g cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 380 g blueberries (either fresh or frozen ones)
- In a big bowl cream butter and sugar. Add the eggs one by one and blend in well. If desired, add vanilla now.
- In a second bowl combine flour, corn starch, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Give half of the flour mixture to the egg mixture. Add the milk and stir in well. Then add the rest of the flour mixture and the blueberries. Stir in carefully.
- Pour the dough into a lined muffin pan and sprinkle with the 2 tbs extra sugar.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven at 190°C for 25-35 minutes.
- Let cool for 15 minutes and enjoy!=).
Very nice blueberry muffins. Nice and moist with just the right amount of sweetness. Quick and easy to whip up. Made for July, 2009 Bevy Tag.
Wonderful tasting and oh so packed with flavor. I used 2 cups of blueberries and buttermilk in place of regular milk. Also added in almost 1 t. of cinnamon. I used canola oil in place of butter to healthy it up a bit. MMMmmmm...nothin says yummy like a fresh blue-berry muffin. DS (who doesn't live at home says)...TYSM:-) Made for HolidayTag.~
These were wonderful buttery blueberry muffins Lalaloula. The muffins were perfect, not overly sweet. I used fresh blueberries, 1 tsp vanilla, 1 tsp lemon juice and 1/2 tsp freshly ground cinnamon. I did omit the extra sugar on top, I forgot. Thanks for sharing. this tasty treat.