Recipe by KennKonn
These are my grandma's family favorite. We all fought over them when she made them. She is gone now and I make them often to remind myself of the times we spent together in the kitchen.
Top Review by MTpockets
I got a great deal on some fresh blueberries the other day so I went searching for some recipes to use them in. I hadn' t made blueberry muffins in a long time so I thought I'd give this recipe a try. Great muffins! The only change I made was to add the lemon zest to the muffin batter rather than to add it to the tops of the muffins as the recipe states. I really loved the addition of the lemon zest. Very nice. Thank you!
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon lemon rind, grated
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease and line 12 muffin tins.
- Mix Flour, ½ cup sugar, baking powder, salt in bowl.
- Beat egg.
- Add milk and melted butter.
- Add liquid to dry ingredients.
- Stir till just moist.
- Add blueberries.
- Fill muffin tins ¾ full.
- Combine lemon rind and remaining sugar and sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 400 for 20 minutes.