Recipe by Trisha W
It's the time of the year to have chili and soups. So comforting and filling on a cool day.
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 -2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 1⁄2 cups skim milk
- 2 (9 ounce) packagesfrozen white corn
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can ready-to-serve chicken broth
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) canchopped green chilies, undrained
- 2 tablespoons red bell peppers, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a Dutch oven or large saucepan with noncook cooking spray and heat over a medium-high heat until hot.
- Add onions and garlic; cook until onions are clear and tender.
- Stir in flour, chili powder and cumin.
- Stir in the milk gradually, then add all the remaining ingredients except the bell pepper and cilantro.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, then reduce heat and simmer for about 15 minutes until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the cilantro, if desired, at the end also adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Top bowls of chili with chopped bell pepper.