Recipe by Sugar³
This came from Pillsbury's Harvest Time Cook Book. My husband and I can almost eat the whole thing ourselves - it is sooo good.
Top Review by Brenda Mariko
Simple & delicious! Forgot to wrap the cheese in the biscuits but with it sprinkled on top, I'm sure it didn't take anything away from this recipe. Dear BF said it was good! Will definitely make it again. Thank you for posting!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 (1 1/3 ounce) package sloppy joe seasoning mix (reserve 1 T.of the mix)
- 1 (31 ounce) can baked beans
- 2 -4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup catsup
- 1 (10 ounce) can Hungry Jack big flaky refrigerated biscuits
- 1 1⁄2 ounces cheddar cheese or 1 1⁄2 ounces American cheese, cut into ten 1/2 inch cubes
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In 10-inch ovenproof skillet, brown ground beef and onion; drain.
- Reserve 1 T seasoning mix; set aside.
- Add remaining seasoning mix, beans, brown sugar and catsup to ground beef; heat until hot and bubbly.
- Separate biscuit dough into 10 biscuits.
- Place cheese cube in center of each biscuit.
- Fold dough over cheese, covering completely; seal well, shaping into balls.
- Roll each biscuit in reserved seasoning mix; arrange biscuits on hot meat mixture.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 20 to 25 minutes or until biscuits are a deep golden brown.
- Serve immediately.