1/3 Photos of Zesty Biscuit Bean Bake
This came from Pillsbury's Harvest Time Cook Book. My husband and I can almost eat the whole thing ourselves - it is sooo good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 (1 1/3 ounce) package sloppy joe seasoning mix (reserve 1 T.of the mix)
- 1 (31 ounce) can baked beans
- 2 -4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup catsup
- 1 (10 ounce) can Hungry Jack big flaky refrigerated biscuits
- 1 1/2 ounces cheddar cheese or 1 1/2 ounces American cheese, cut into ten 1/2 inch cubes
- 1Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2In 10-inch ovenproof skillet, brown ground beef and onion; drain.
- 3Reserve 1 T seasoning mix; set aside.
- 4Add remaining seasoning mix, beans, brown sugar and catsup to ground beef; heat until hot and bubbly.
- 5Separate biscuit dough into 10 biscuits.
- 6Place cheese cube in center of each biscuit.
- 7Fold dough over cheese, covering completely; seal well, shaping into balls.
- 8Roll each biscuit in reserved seasoning mix; arrange biscuits on hot meat mixture.
- 9Bake at 375 degrees F for 20 to 25 minutes or until biscuits are a deep golden brown.
- 10Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zesty Biscuit Bean Bake
Serving Size: 1 (308 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 770.1
- Calories from Fat 277
- Total Fat 30.8 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 88.2 mg
- Sodium 1981.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 91.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.1 g
- Sugars 35.6 g
- Protein 38.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sloppy joe seasoning mix