Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
I got this from the Better Homes and Gardens New CookBook, Bridal Edition (several years after I was married!). These are really tasty and easy to make. Served best with a tossed green salad and some corn bread. The sauce can be used for chicken or pork, too.
- After trimming fat from meat, place in 4 quart Dutch oven or stock pot.
- Add enough water to cover meat.
- Bring water to boiling and then reduce heat to a simmer and cover.
- Simmer until meat is tender, approximately 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- Combine ketchup, chili sauce, molasses, lemon juice, mustard and red pepper in a separate bowl.
- Toss ribs into sauce and place on unheated rack of a broiler pan.
- Make sure the beef is well coated.
- Broil 5 inches from heat for 10 minutes or until heated through, turning often and brushing with remaining sauce.
- Any remaining sauce can be heated and served with the ribs.