Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is from Protein Power, I am posting it in responce to a request. This makes great leftovers.
- 2 lbs rump roast, chuck or 2 lbs beef brisket
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1⁄4 lb slab bacon, diced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 canned chipotle chiles, minced (optional)
- 1 cup zinfandel or 1 cup rioja wine
- 2 tablespoons triple sec
- x orange, zest of
- Rub the meat well with the chili powder and salt.
- Let it sit until it comes to room temperature.
- Cut it into 1-1/2" cubes.
- In a large skillet with a tight cover, saute the diced bacon over medium high heat until most of the fat is rendered.
- Pour off all but about 3 Tbls of bacon fat.
- Saute the beef in the skillet with the bacon until it's well browned on all sides.
- Add the onion, garlic and minced chipotle.
- Stir and toss until the onion and garlic softenes and browns slightly.
- Add the wine, Triple Sec and orange zest.
- Cover the pan and simmer over very low heat until the meat is fork tender, about 1 hour depending on the cut of beef selected.
- Serve with 3/4 c baked acorn squash, buttered and sprinkled with cinnamon, or serve it over 3/4 c spaghetti squash.
An Exuberant Dish! Fruity,smoky,and spicey a very good dish. I did serve with Acorn Squash in Foil on the grill recipe #67203 by LAURIE.I didn`t have bacon so used some of those bacon bits. And I had sangria to use so thats what I did.