Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Comfort food. Adapted from recipe of J. Paré.
- 1 teaspoon cooking oil
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red pepper
- 1 (14 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups medium egg noodles
- 1 (12 ounce) can kernel corn (with liquid)
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup grated monterey jack pepper cheese
- sliced black olives, for garnish
- Heat cooking oil in large frying pan on medium. Add next 4 ingredients. Scramble-fry for about 10 minutes until beef is no longer pink. Drain.
- Add tomatoes with juice. Stir. Transfer to ungreased 3 quart (3 L) casserole.
- Add next 7 ingredients. Stir. Bake, covered, in 350°F (175°C) oven for about 1 hour, stirring once at halftime, until noodles are tender but firm.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, for another 5 to 10 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Garnish with olives.
This is just what you want when tired and hungry. Great comfort food. I scaled it in half and also used creamed corn (all i had). Yummy. Reviewed for 123 tag in games forum
Talk about comfort food. This was great. Cook time was perfect. I used a large oven proof skillet and only dirtied one dish. I also used reg sharp cheddar. Will definately make this again.
This was quite tasty and it was a good change of pace. As I only have frozen corn and the previous reviewer had too much liquid I didn't add any extra. As it turned out I added some beef broth when the noodles started soaking up the liquid. I had to use Cheddar as I can't get the pepper Jack at the local market but it all came together very nicely and made a good and warming dinner. I served it with a green salad and Recipe #179677.