Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is an easy soup with a slightly spicy base.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups pre-shredded coleslaw mix
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn
- 1 (9 ounce) package frozen cut green beans
- 4 cups spicy vegetable juice
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Brown ground beef and onion in a large skillet. Drain off fat.
- In a 3 1/2-5 quart crock pot, combine meat mixture and remaining ingredients.
- Cover; cook on low heat for 8 to 10 hours or on high heat for 4 to 5 hours.
Excellent! Only change made was to add about 2 cups juice from draining some tomatoes that I had. As written, it was more of a stoup than soup. Nothing wrong with that, I just wanted a more soupy soup! Everybody absolutely loved this, and didn't mind eating leftovers! In fact, I had put extra in freezer, and my sister got it out right away. Thnx so much for posting, Chris. We will enjoy this again! Made for Fall 2008 My-3-Chefs.
I used diced up round steak instead of ground beef to save calories. I think it would be better with the fatter ground beef! I had some cabbage I needed to use, so I chopped that up and added some carrots, since I didn't use coleslaw mix. This was a little tomato-ey for me, so next time I'd add some beef broth or stock to dilute the amount of tomato. I added a bay leaf to the other seasonings, and used Spicy Hot V8 for the veggie juice. Loved the heat in the recipe...I like it hot!
Very good. I followed the recipe other then I used a 15 ounce can of corn and 15 ounce can of green beans as I am not a fan of frozen veggies. I also used petite diced tomatoes instead of stewed as I don't care for stewed tomatoes either. I used V8 juice for the vegetable juice and used 3 11 ounce cans. After everything was added I added about a handful more of slaw mix. I also cooked this on the stovetop instead of the crockpot. I cooked on the stove for about two hours. I really enjoyed this. I was looking for something different and this fit the bill.