Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Very tasty soup that is made in the crock pot. You can add Italian mixed veggies for a thicker soup. Everyone loves this soup. I love coming home after a long day and dinner smells great and all i have to do is serve it.
- 1 lb ground beef (can use chicken)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 cups coleslaw mix
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen green beans
- 4 cups zesty style vegetable juice
- 14 1⁄2 ounces Italian-style tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- salt & pepper
- Cook onion, garlic and ground beef in a separate pan till beef is no longer pink.
- Drain fat.
- Add all to crock pot.
- Cook on low 8-10 hours or high 4-5 hours.
This was so easy and great for last nights supper. I used low sodium V-8 and made as posted, Thanks for a keeper Jules. Made for Zaar Cookbook Tag.
Very good and easy! I used half low sodium and half spicy V-8 for the vegetable juice and it worked out fine for us. Thanks for sharing this great busy day soup recipe!