Prep 1 hr
Cook 11 mins
This makes an easy week-night meal that my family enjoyed.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless sirloin steaks
- 1 lb asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups beef broth
- 4 cups cooked farfalle pasta (bow-tie)
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 3 tablespoons chopped sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh grated parmesan cheese
- Trim all visible fat from the beef.
- Cut beef across the grain into 2-inch strips; cut strips crosswise into 1/8-inch slices.
- Spray a large skillet with non-stick cooking spray; heat over medium-heat.
- Add in asparagus, onions, and 1 cup of beef broth; cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the liquid has evaporated; remove mixture from the skillet.
- Add beef to the skillet; stir/saute for about 2 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Return vegetable mixture to the skillet; add in the remaining broth and the next 5 ingredients; stir/saute for about 2 minutes or until well heated; adjust seasoning to taste if necessary.
- Sprinkle with cheese and serve.