- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 links chorizo sausage, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups water
- 15 ounces great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 ounces red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 14 ounces diced tomatoes
- 1 large potato, scrubbed and diced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the chorizo and onion in a large pot for 3 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add chicken broth, the beans, water, tomatoes, oregano, carrot, and potato. Cover and bring to a boil. Then simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.