Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is one of the Zaar recipes that I adopted. I hope to prepare this one soon and will post any modifications that I make to the recipe.
- 6 lbs spareribs
- 2 cups catsup
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- In large pan, cook ribs in boiling water 45 to 60 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in medium saucepan, combine remaining ingredients; simmer uncovered 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Grill or broil ribs as desired, turning and basting frequently with sauce.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Thought this recipe was wonderful! First time I've made a BBQ sauce that I really liked! Thanks for sharing.
Tonight was the first time I've ever cooked beef ribs. I cooked 350g each, and reduced the sauce amounts to suit. They were sticky, juicy, yummy ,but oh so rich. The sauce was fantastic, and I'm going to try it on wings too.