Recipe by Chris Reynolds
This is excellent! We love to barbecue our ribs with this tasty sauce. This recipe is from a brand names cookbook. Even though some cooks prefer not to boil their ribs, this is what the recipe recommends. I have done them this way, and they are tender and juicy.
Top Review by Peter J
Fantastic recipe that I cooked using pork spareribs. While I've blanched ribs before I've never boiled them through but it is a great idea when using a grill because otherwise they can be difficult to cook through without burning the outside. I loved the sauce as well, just a nice amount of zest without being too over the top so would be great for gatherings.
- 6 lbs spareribs (I use boneless country-style ribs)
- 2 cups catsup
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pan, cook ribs in boiling water 45 to 60 minutes or until tender.
- In a medium saucepan, combine remaining ingredients; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Grill or broil ribs as desired, basting frequently with the sauce.