Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a great meal for the whole family.
- 6 pork chops, 1 inch thick (about 2 lbs)
- 1 can Italian tomato soup, I use Campbell's
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Arrange pork chops in a single layer in a 3 quart oblong baking dish.
- Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes or until chops begin to brown.
- Spoon off excess fat.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine soup, water, vinegar, Worcestershire Sauce, brown sugar, and hot pepper sauce.
- Spoon soup mixture over chops.
- Bake 15 minutes or until done and no pink remains.
- Stir sauce before serving.
This was so quick and easy that I made it when I only had a little bit of time before we had to go out and forgot to review! lol. I chopped up some potatos and threw them in and the flavor they had from sitting in the sauce was devine (i had to up the bake time alittle bit) I will double the sauce and put more potatos in next time. My only regret is I didnt have italian tomatoe soup, and i put italian seasoning along with some others into regular tomatoe soup... and the italian seasoning didnt soften and kinda stuck out... ill leave it out but thats not the recipes fault
I have a Campbell's recipe book and have made this several times. Very easy and tasty. Browning them in the oven means less dishes -- always a plus for me. Usually serve with a twisty pasta or egg noodles.
This was a WONDERFUL dish. I did not have the Italian Tomato soup, so I used Campbells Tomato soup instead. I did not add any other seasonings to the mix. However, as Cindy stated above I also pan fried them first. They were moist and delicious. My husband suggested that next time I cut up some potatoes and bake them along with the pork chops. I intend to make this recipe again and again.........It is definately a keeper, thanks for sharing.