Recipe by deborah03
from a package of american beauty lasagne noodles. This is the best recipe for lasagne I've every made. I've been making this recipe since 1991. Everybody loves it!
- 16 ounces lasagna noodles
- 1 lb ground beef
- 36 ounces spaghetti sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon salt and pepper
- 24 ounces small curd cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 1 lb grated mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet brown the ground beef in the oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir in pasta sauce; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Cheese filling: Mix together the cottage cheese, parsley, and mozarella cheese.
- Cook pasta in 6 quarts of water for 10 minutes. Do not over cook.
- Lightly grease a large baking pan(13x9) and spoon in enough meat sauce mixture to cover the bottom. Layer with lasagne. Spread part of the cheese filling over pasta. Repeat until lasagne is gone ending with sauce mix. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese if desired. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes. Let stand for 5 to 10 minutes. Cut into 3 inch squares.
- Note: lasagne can be made the day before. Refrigerate. Let stand for 1 hour at room temperature before baking at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 1 hour.