Recipe by Cookin'Diva
If you want to add more fish to your diet, here's an easy way to start. When you are baking fish, choose a thicker fish fillet (more like COD, tilapia is too thin). Total baking time will be very dependent on the thickness of the fillet, so if you notice that the fish is splitting apart, it is done!
Top Review by Gary R.
An excellent dish...I used MahiMahi and it cooked beautifully. As I am on the South Beach program....I used a "light" Italian dressing and everything was perfect. and it meets all the requirements of the South Beach progrm.
- 4 fish fillets, thawed (thicker fillets like Cod)
- 1 tomatoes (cut into 8 thin slices)
- 1⁄2 cup Italian dressing, Zesty style
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- olive, sliced (green or black)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pat thawed fish with paper towels to remove excess moisture. Place fillets in a glass baking dish (spray dish with non-stick spray).
- Place 2 tomato slices on each fish fillet.
- Pour Italian Dressing over fish and tomatoes; season with salt and pepper.
- Bake 350 degrees for 20 minutes; then top with Feta Cheese and bake another 6-8 minutes, depending on thickness of fish.
- Optional: If you like olives, sprinkle them on top at the same time as the Feta Cheese.
- For a well balanced meal, serve with brown rice and steamed broccoli.