Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
If you want to add more fish to your diet, here's an easy way to start. When you are baking fish, choose a thicker fish fillet (more like COD, tilapia is too thin). Total baking time will be very dependent on the thickness of the fillet, so if you notice that the fish is splitting apart, it is done!
- 4 fish fillets, thawed (thicker fillets like Cod)
- 1 tomatoes (cut into 8 thin slices)
- 1⁄2 cup Italian dressing, Zesty style
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- olive, sliced (green or black)
- Pat thawed fish with paper towels to remove excess moisture. Place fillets in a glass baking dish (spray dish with non-stick spray).
- Place 2 tomato slices on each fish fillet.
- Pour Italian Dressing over fish and tomatoes; season with salt and pepper.
- Bake 350 degrees for 20 minutes; then top with Feta Cheese and bake another 6-8 minutes, depending on thickness of fish.
- Optional: If you like olives, sprinkle them on top at the same time as the Feta Cheese.
- For a well balanced meal, serve with brown rice and steamed broccoli.
An excellent dish...I used MahiMahi and it cooked beautifully. As I am on the South Beach program....I used a "light" Italian dressing and everything was perfect. and it meets all the requirements of the South Beach progrm.
Lovely fish dish, I used halibut fillets, just made half a recipe for the two of us. Very tasty and a great way to use up some left over feta cheese, I had no Italian dressing so used what I had, 3 cheese ranch to which I added a splash of tabasco. The combination with the tomato slices, dressing and feta was wonderful. Very easy and quick to put together and looked impressive too, quite colourful. Thanks for posting a real keeper and one I will repeat again and again.