Prep 5 mins
Cook 7 mins
This came from a healthy recipe website.
Make and share this Zesty Baked Beans recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb vegetarian baked beans, undrained
- 1 lb canned red kidney beans, drained
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- In 1-1/2-quart microwave-safe casserole, combine all ingredients; mix well. Cover with microwave-safe waxed paper.
- Microwave on HIGH for 7 to 9 1/2 minutes, or until onion is tender and flavors are blended, stirring twice during cooking.
I was so hoping we would enjoy these but they just didn't have enough kick for us. I like the idea of adding salsa but it definitely needs more spice. Maybe some cumin would help. I might play around with it. Made for Zaar's Chef Alphabet Soup Game.