Recipe by mailbelle
This can be served as a cold or hot dip. Cream cheese, bacon, sour cream, cheddar cheese, Ranch dip and green onions - what's not to like?! Great served with crackers or assorted fresh vegetables.
Top Review by Alison J.
There is a LOT of flavour in this dip! Instead of bacon bits, I fried up a few slices of bacon till they were crispy, then let them cool before I chopped them up into bits. Yum!
- 1 (3 ounce) jar bacon bits
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope ranch dip mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix sour cream and cream cheese, then fold in shredded cheese, bacon bits, green onion and dip mix.
- To serve cold: Chill for at least one hour prior to serving.
- To serve warm: Put mixture in a 2-quart baking dish. Cover and bake at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.