Recipe by Tracy Mile
Spicy, crunchy, sort of sweet, even better the next day salad!
Top Review by Serah B.
This was a bit vinegar-heavy for my taste, so I added some agave and some sesame oil to mellow the flavor. Also, there aren't instructions for adding the broth packet. But with a few modifications, everyone enjoyed it and I will make it again with less vinegar. Thanks for posting!
- 8 cups shredded cabbage (mixture of red and green are nice)
- 4 large carrots, grated
- 6 small green onions, diced
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced thinly
- minute chinese noodles, broken up (keep the spice package for dressing)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped almonds
- 1⁄2 cup shelled sunflower seeds
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil or 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2⁄3 cup rice vinegar (white will do also)
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 clove chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon chili oil or 1 teaspoon wasabi
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients for salad except noodles.
- Stir well to combine.
- In another bowl, add all ingredients for dressing, including reserved spice package from noodles, mixing well till sugar is dissolved.
- Pour the dressing over the slaw, toss to coat well.
- Let marinate for at least 15 minutes.
- Add noodles just before serving.