Recipe by Recipe Reader
This sounds great!! It is made with jalapenos, mustard, and apricot preserves. It was a Guy Fieri Foodnetwork recipe that I simplified. The glaze should be cooked then cooled, so add about 30 minutes for the cooling step.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 jalapenos, minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 3 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- 4 (6 ounce) salmon fillets, skinned and boned
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary (3-inch)
- 1 lemon, zest of
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saute pan over medium heat, heat oil.
- When hot, add jalapenos and saute until caramelized.
- Add garlic, and after a minute, deglaze with white wine. Then add the mustard and apricot preserves and bring to a simmer. Simmer over low heat for 20 minutes and let completely cool.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place salmon fillets on parchment paper or non-stick foil on a baking sheet and lightly season the fillets with salt and pepper, and place a rosemary sprig on each fillet.
- Spoon cooled apricot mixture over fillets.
- Bake salmon approximately 13 minutes.
- Garnish with lemon zest.