1 hr 15 mins
The office I work at is doing our version of the biggest looser. In an effort to still serve soup, and everyone being able to enjoy it, I came up with this simple and easy recipe. It must have been good because 5 minutes after putting out the soup I went to get some for myself ...but it was all gone!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups onions (diced)
- 1 cup celery (diced)
- 3 tablespoons garlic (minced)
- 8 cups napa cabbage (sliced and chopped)
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- salt and pepper
- 2 lbs mixed vegetables (frozen, I use the one that had the lima beans added to it)
- 29 ounces fire-roasted tomatoes (Hunts makes these and that would be 2 cans)
- 8 cups vegetable stock
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon thyme (fresh or dried)
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon sugar (I used 1 packet of Splenda)
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1Over medium high heat, in a large pot add the extra virgin olive oil and the onion, celery, garlic, and cabbage.
- 2Fry for 10-15 minutes or until onions and cabbage have a nice brown color, stirring frequently to make sure you get all the little goodies off the bottom of the pot.
- 3Add mushrooms and cook for another 10 minutes.
- 4Season with salt and pepper to your taste.
- 5Add the frozen vegetables, tomatoes, vegetable stock, bay leaves, thyme, oregano, allspice, and salt and pepper.
- 6Cook for 45 minutes.
- 7Remove from heat.
- 8Add the sugar and vinegar. This does two things; it helps neutralize the gas of the cabbage and also the acid of the tomato.
- 9Enjoy! On Weight Watchers this is a zero point soup.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zero Points Veggie Soup (Weight Watcher Friendly)
Serving Size: 1 (205 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 71.2
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 191.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 3.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: