Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
THE best green beans I have ever eaten!!!!! My husband and I were fighting over them!!! He could not believe they were from Weight Watchers. I use frozen whole green beans that I let thaw on the counter, a ton more garlic and fresh basil because we just LOVE those two together. Delish!!!!!!!!
- olive oil flavored cooking spray, 3 sprays
- 4 cups green beans, trimmed and cut in half (thawed) or 2 (16 ounce) bags frozen green beans (thawed)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, washed and cut in half
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil, cut into ribbons
- 2 teaspoons finely minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon table salt (or more)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 450ºF. Coat a large roasting pan with cooking spray.
- Place green beans in a single layer in prepared pan and coat with cooking spray. Roast until desired doneness, stirring once or twice, about 10 to 15 minutes, 25 minutes if using frozen.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, basil, garlic, salt and pepper; set aside.
- When green beans are finished, remove from oven and spoon tomato mixture into pan; toss thoroughly. Serve hot, room temperature or chilled. Yields about 1 cup per serving.
I cook for a family member who has many diet restrictions for health reasons , so I had to modify this recipe. I did not use the oil spray or salt and left out the basil for personal preferences. Even with the omissions and restrictions this was such a flavourful dish. Thanks for the recipe.
I loved these green beans and will be making them again. Didnt have fresh basil so used dried and added a tad bit more garlic. Tossed the tomatoes with the green beans a couple minutes before they were finished roasting and served immediately. Made and reviewed for Pick A Chef's Orphanage - May 2012.
Have to agree with everybody--delicious!! I used fresh green beans, more garlic and dried basil. Will make this quite often. Made for PAC Orphanage 2012.