Recipe by Miraklegirl
Adapted from a recipe I found on one of the South Beach diet sites. These muffins are really good and a real treat for no carbers. I like to put a little tomato paste and skim mozzarella on one for a mini pizza. Enjoy!
Top Review by pinkie
Sorry, but I thought these were terrible. I tried making these 3 times, and they came out to be flat, limp, soggy, eggy frisbies. I don't know if I did something wrong all 3 times, but I would not recommend these. I'd rather eat paper...
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon soy flour
- 1⁄16 ounce sugar substitute (one of the individual serving packets)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325F and spray muffin pans with cooking spray (Pam).
- Separate the egg whites and yolks.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the egg yolks, cottage cheese, soy flour and sugar substitute
- Mix well.
- Add the mixture to the beaten egg whites and fold gently.
- Fill prepared muffin cups 2/3 full with batter.
- Bake the muffins until they are golden-brown and spring back when touched with the back of a fork (approximately 25-30 min).