Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Adapted from a recipe I found on one of the South Beach diet sites. These muffins are really good and a real treat for no carbers. I like to put a little tomato paste and skim mozzarella on one for a mini pizza. Enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 325F and spray muffin pans with cooking spray (Pam).
- Separate the egg whites and yolks.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the egg yolks, cottage cheese, soy flour and sugar substitute
- Mix well.
- Add the mixture to the beaten egg whites and fold gently.
- Fill prepared muffin cups 2/3 full with batter.
- Bake the muffins until they are golden-brown and spring back when touched with the back of a fork (approximately 25-30 min).
Sorry, but I thought these were terrible. I tried making these 3 times, and they came out to be flat, limp, soggy, eggy frisbies. I don't know if I did something wrong all 3 times, but I would not recommend these. I'd rather eat paper...
I gave this recipe 3 stars only because the recipe has potential. Normally when I think of a muffin I think of a bread like substance....I should have gone with my get feeling about the ingredients that these weren't "muffins" these are egg mock muffins. I think you should change the title so others are informed of what this recipe really is. That said, I think the potential part is this: add bacon or sausage, mushrooms or whatever you like and make them into little breakfast omlette-like-muffins. Quick and easy in the morning. My husband ate 2 and I ate one and threw the rest away...sorry.
Love this recipe. Has made it many times since I've been on the South Beach Diet. Thank you, Miraklegirl, for sharing.