Recipe by Linzosaurus
I found this online at zenhabits.net and made it for a Memorial Day cookout. It's easy to make, delicious, and vegan friendly! You don't have to simmer this for a full 30 minutes, but it allows the flavors to come together better the longer you leave it.
Top Review by free-free
Great recipe...made for PAC Fall'07!! Quick and wonderfully easy...hits all the right buttons when you are craving a hot, flavorful meal with not a lot of time on hand (and so much better than the take-out route)...I had everything to make this right in my cupboard and fridge as stocked staples except the veg. meat (- I just used a different brand as a sub that I find at my local market) - it's a nice change for me to have "meat" in chili (usually mine is all beans and veggies)... I added extra spice 'cause I like it hot&spicy!!:) Nice and thick with fabulous flavors. A healthy 30min. meal that makes fantastic leftovers (chili is always better the next day, and the next day too :) ) Don't forget to rinse and drain the beans and recycle all the cans!!! THANKS Linzoraurus :)
- 1 (12 ounce) package vegetarian ground beef (Morning Star Meal Starters)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can pinto beans
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (29 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (29 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 yellow onion, diced
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, cored, seeded, and diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- black pepper
- chili powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil on medium-high heat. Saute onions, then garlic, then bell pepper.
- Add ground beef replacement (it's okay if still frozen) and brown.
- Add in beans, stewed tomatoes, and tomato sauce and simmer for 30 minutes. Add chili powder, and salt and pepper to taste.