I found this on en.ljbc.net. I'm posting it for ZWT 6. Libya North Africa Note: I have no idea of how much it makes or how long it takes to cook. It wasn't given.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil the barley in water, drain and dry completely.
- 2Roast the dry barley (stir frequently in a hot, dry frying pan, for a few minutes, like you would do with coffee beans.
- 3Do the same with the other three ingredients.
- 4Mill each ingredient and pass through a sieve.
- 5Mix thoroughly and place in dry containers.
- 6Label the containers (z-mix) and date them- good for 2 years.
- 7Serving the dish:.
- 8Pour the desired amount of the z-mix into a bowl, moisten slightly with sprinkles of water and some olive oil, and mix with finger tips. The mixture should be a little dry, loose and olive-brown in color.
- 9Traditionally, a handful of the mixture is squeezed into a stick shape, and sweetened with sugar or eaten with dates.
- 10For best results, zemmeetah ia accompanied with a good size glass of buttermilk, followed by a cup of undersweetened green tea.
Nutritional Facts for Zemmeetah
Serving Size: 1 (91 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 317.7
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 60.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 18.9 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 12.9 g