Recipe by Evelyn L Jepson
Sauerkraut Crackers - delicious with soup or salad.
Top Review by Darkhunter
Hummmmm, didn't know what to expect with "SAUERKRAUT CRACKERS", for heaven's sake! But I really enjoyed these with some lentil soup I made. I guess loving sauerkraut and sauerkraut juice didn't hurt! My nephew didn't like these which only left more for me. I did keep in mind *Tink*'s comment about draining the kraut too much. Thnx for sharing your recipe, Evelyn. Made for PAC Spring 2010. You've been adopted! http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=327498&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425°F Grease two cookie sheets, and set aside.
- Combine the flour and white pepper in a food processor.
- Add shortening and pulse until coarse crumbs. Add sauerkraut and pulse until it comes together in a ball.
- Transfer to a floured surface.
- Now, you can either pinch off tablespoon size bits and flatten with the bottom of a glass, or, flatten just so much and transfer to a greased cookie sheet, and flatten more there. When it is in the cookie sheet, you can pre-mark with a cookie cutter (shortbread cutter)the shapes you desire.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 425F, then reduce to 350F and bake for another 10 - 15 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy.
- Let cool, then store in an air-tight container.